1. Gaining control of your time for greater personal effectiveness!
The Resource of Time
- The concept of time.
- Running out of time: the most scarce resource.
- Creating time on our hands: getting organised.
- Effective workplace organisation and workflow management.
- Wasting time: the impact of time wasters.
Principles of Planning
- Saving time or losing time: the power of habits.
- Importance vs. urgency.
- Establishing goals and priorities.
- Creating an overview with time schedules – month, week, day.
- Project planning tools.
- Kerry Gleeson’s 13 principles of work.
Blocks to Taking Charge
- Dynamics of delegation.
- Problems with procrastination.
- Interference of interruptions.
- Effective meeting management.
- The 80/20 rule and productive hours.
- Persistence – final key to your effectiveness.
- Brian Tracey’s rules.
- Burnout and its effect on the body.
- Paradoxes for productivity.
- Timeless management.
- Mindfulness and breathing exercises.
2. Managing your energy and stress for focus, connection and renewal
- Energy and cycles.
- Effects of tension and attitude with energy levels on the job.
- Energy management: physical, emotional, mental and moral skills.
- Movement and stretching exercises.
- The relaxation response and stress reduction exercises.
- Emotions and empathy: the foundation of connection.
- Building rapport.
- Active listening.
- Constructive feedback.
- Creating trust and giving support.
- Trust radius: communicating with internal and external customers.
- Trust survey.
- Credibility and believability in communication.
- Smart trust.
- Building a high-trust environment.
Mentally Focused and Aligned with your Values
- Positive assertive communication.
- Self-coaching and self-talk management.
- Affirmations for self-confidence.
- Visualisation for improved performance.
- Honesty, integrity, passion and commitment to service.
- Measures of energy in your team.
- Creating a work/life balance plan.
- Wrap-up and evaluations.