Organizations today are characterized by ever flatter hierarchical structures. Thus, leading people outside of one?s formal line of authority as well as being a reliable internal business partner to peers is becoming increasingly important. At the same time, this is a very particular challenge.
In this seminar, you will take a close look at your individual situation and explore what it takes to act confidently outside your direct reporting lines. You will learn that clear and appreciative communication has a motivational impact on people?s commitment to their dedicated tasks on the one hand, as well as their trust in you and your leadership skills on the other.
- Principles of lateral leadership
- Reflecting on your role and personal situation
- Leading cooperatively with self-confidence
- Motivational factors and their effect on peer support
- Convincing communication and negotiation tools
- How to reach mutually beneficial agreements
- Addressing objections constructively
- Dealing with challenging situations
Functional team and group leaders as well as project managers and leaders who want to mobilize employees without having formal authority.