The Implementing Cisco Catalyst 9000 Switches (ENC9K) v2.0 course introduces you to the architecture, capabilities, and implementation of the Cisco® Catalyst® 9000 switching platform. This hands-on course covers many features of this Cisco IOS® XE platform and describes how to manage devices from a single dashboard called Cisco DNA Center™. You will learn how to use the Cisco Catalyst 9000 family of switches to enable Software Defined Access (SD-Access) and provide end-to-end security and automation with centralized management using Cisco DNA Center.
This course will help you:
- Prepare for successful deployment of the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches
- Understand the role of Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches in the SD-Access fabric
- Learn to provision Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches using Cisco DNA center as the orchestration platform
- Gain hands-on practice through in-depth lab exercises
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Review the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches identify the switches’ features and examine the functionalities purpose-built for Cisco DNA and the SD-Access solution.
- Describe the Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series Switch architecture, model types, port types, uplink modules, components including power supplies, and other switch features and capabilities.
- Describe the Cisco Catalyst 9300 Series Switch architecture, model types, port types, uplink modules, and components, including power supplies and stacking cables.
- Describe the Cisco Catalyst 9400 Series Switches, different modular chassis, supervisor and line card options, architectural components, uplink, and power redundancy, and Multigigabit ports
- Describe the Cisco Catalyst 9500 Series Switches, model types, switch components, RFID support, architecture, and switch profiles.
- Describe the Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Switch architecture, supervisor and line card options, and high availability features.
- Position the different Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switch model types in the network, and map older Cisco Catalyst switches to the 9000 family for migration.
- Examine management capabilities of the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches.
- Describe the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches deployed in a Cisco StackWise Virtual environment and an SD-Access fabric.
- Describe the new Cisco IOS XE software management, patchability, and Graceful Insertion and Removal (GIR) features on the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches.
- Describe the scalability and performance features supported by the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switches.
- Describe the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switch support for security, Quality of Service (QoS), and Internet of Things (IoT) convergence features.
- Describe the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series support for cloud hosting and connectivity, along with automation features
- Explore the SD-Access solution fundamentals, deployment models for the Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series Switch, and the use of Cisco DNA Center to manage infrastructure devices.
Network engineers, designers, managers, and system engineers who are adopting the Cisco Digital Network Architecture (Cisco DNA™) and will use Cisco Catalyst 9000 Switches to enable an SD-Access solution provisioned with Cisco DNA Center.