- Topic 1 - Systems evolution: Single system to sysplex
- Topic 2 - Basic sysplex
- Topic 3 - Parallel Sysplex and coupling facility architecture
- Topic 4 - Time synchronization
- Topic 6 - Sysplex exploiters and data sharing examples
- Topic 7 - More z/OS sysplex exploiter examples
- Explain the historical perspective of sysplex
- Identify and describe the key components used in a base sysplex configuration
- Identify and describe the key components used in a Parallel Sysplex configuration
- Describe how the CF is defined and connected
- Explain time synchronization in a sysplex
- Describe the overall structure definition process, types, operational use, and some key structure characteristics
- Identify and list users of sysplex services
- Identify and describe various sysplex exploiters and subsystems
presentation, discussion, hands-on exercises, demonstrations on the system.
This course is designed to provide a fairly detailed overview of the Parallel Sysplex environment. It covers both hardware and software aspects including examples of how certain system components and subsystems exploit sysplex.
This basic course is for z/OS system programmers, IT architects, managers, and anyone interested in understanding more about Parallel Sysplex.