- Installation preparation for DB2 10 for z/OS
- Installation CLIST
- Installing the DB2 10 subsystem
- Verification of DB2 10 with the sample applications
- Performing parameter update
- Migrating to DB2 11 conversion mode
- DB2 10 enabling-new-function and new-function modes
- Verification of DB2 11 with the sample applications
- 10-byte RBA and LRSN (new)
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Prepare z/OS TSO environment to run the Install CLIST
- Provide appropriate parameters for the Install CLIST
- Execute the Install CLIST
- Define DB2 10 for z/OS
- Define VSAM catalog and alias
- Define system data sets and databases
- Initialize system data sets and databases
- Define DB2 10 for z/OS initialization parameters
- Define user authorization exits
- Record DB2 11 for z/OS data to SMF
- Establish subsystem security
- Verify the DB2 10 for z/OS installation
- Update subsystem Parameters
- Create a new subsystem parameter module
- Migrate DB2 10 for z/OS to DB2 11 for z/OS Conversion Mode
- Enable DB2 11 for z/OS New Function Mode
- Verify migration
- Convert the BSDS and Catalog/Directory to 10-byte RBA and LRSN usage
presentation, discussion, hands-on exercises, demonstrations on the system.
This course is for installers of DB2 10 z/OS and/or migration to DB2 11 for z/OS using the Install CLIST. The participants are involved in lectures that explain DB2 11 components and pointers, and the processes used to install or migrate from DB2 10 for z/OS. To reinforce the lectures, a series of labs are provided to give each participant hands-on experience installing DB2 10 for z/OS and migrating to DB2 11 for z/OS.
Students access a mainframe environment for the labs.
Anyone responsible for maintaining, installing or migrating DB2 10 for z/OS to DB2 11 for z/OS, or installing DB2 11 for z/OS.