- Overview of advanced administration techniques
- Error monitoring
- The Object Data Manager (ODM)
- Basic Network Installation Manager (NIM) configuration
- System initialization problem determination
- Disk management theory and procedures
- Advanced techniques for installation and backup
- Workload Partition (WPAR) Manager and Live Application Mobility
- The AIX system dump facility
Presentation, discussion, hands-on exercises, demonstrations on the system
This course provides advanced AIX system administrator skills with a focus on availability and problem determination. It provides detailed knowledge of the ODM database where AIX maintains so much configuration information. It shows how to monitor for and deal with AIX problems. There is special focus on dealing with Logical Volume Manager problems, including procedures for replacing disks. Several techniques for minimizing the system maintenance window are covered. It also covers how to migrate AIX Workload Partitions to another system with minimal disruption.
This is an intermediate course for AIX system administrators, system support, and contract support individuals with at least six months of experience in AIX.