Interactive lecture, group work, practical practice activities, reflection.
- Data protection
- Issues in security design
- Integrity of blockchain transactions
- Integrity of blockchain systems
- Basics in cryptography
- Mining and consensus algorithms
- Proof-of-work, proof-of-stake, proof-of-authority
- Scalability and side chains
- Crypto economics, game theory and market modelling
The goal is to discuss security and integrity issues with the participants. Data protection is an important facet of IT systems, and therefore has to be aligned with blockchain technology. Participants will learn about pseudonymity in public blockchain systems. Furthermore, this module will provide deeper knowledge in cryptography, mining and consensus algorithms. These topics are primarily relevant in public blockchain architectures; however, cryptography is also a key element in the enterprise context. Additionally, students will learn about the scalability of blockchain solutions and game theoretical approaches.
Computer Scientists, Developers, tech-savvy individuals, and those who would like to learn more about public blockchains